In this blog, we will share the basic overview of Alibaba cloud Overview
What is ECS?
- ECS Stands for Elastic Computing Service.
- It’s like renting a cloud service in the Alibaba cloud.
- ECS can easily deploy & manage when compared to physical servers.
- It helps us to manage applications with better Stability & Security.
- Also, it reduces the overall IT cost for business.
- We can easily re-size the compute capacity.
- Able to design a large-scale computing environment easier in the cloud.
- We can launch the instances with various OS based on our requirements.
- Without the cloud, we need to take care of the networking layer to the application layer by own.
- In the ECS, we can take from the OS to the Application layer as shown above.
- With ECS, it saves lots of time and helps you to focus more on your business.
VIRTUALIZATION IN ALIBABA
- In Alibaba cloud, they have many DC’s. Each DC’s they have server racks. They use the virtualization technology for these racks.
- Alibaba cloud uses XEN & KVM for virtualization.
- This virtualization is used to provide VM’s to the customers through Elastic compute service.
- Apsara system is the core of the ECS system.
- It used for a cluster management system that is developed by Alibaba cloud.
- The virtualization technology is based on XEN & KVM and using Apsara distributed file system named Pangu for storage.
- To manage the cluster, there are multiple components in the Apsara system.
- Each component will provide different services. They are Cluster Management Service, Distributed File system service, Remote Procedure call service, Security Management, Distributed co-ordination service, Resource Management, Job Scheduling, and cluster monitoring.
- On top of the Apsara system, Alibaba provides cloud service.
- Region refers to where the cloud provider provides the cloud computing service.
- The regions where the instances will create
- We have to choose the region carefully to avoid latency, minimize the cost, etc..,
- Currently, Alibaba cloud covers 19 regions around the world.
- Zones refer to the region where the physical Datacenter resides.
- Users can choose to host their instances in different zones for high availability.
- Mostly, any region will have 1 to 3 availability zones in the Alibaba cloud.
Thanks for reading this blog. We hope it will be useful for you to know the basic concepts about Alibaba cloud Overview.