cPanel Server Management by AssitanZ
For 24×7 cPanel Server Management with Monitoring, Unlimited Tech Support, Disaster Recovery, Security updates and much more Signup today!
My SQL Strict Mode – Disable
What is Mysql Strict mode?
Strict mode controls how MySQL handles invalid or missing values in data-change statements such as INSERT or UPDATE. A value can be invalid for several reasons. For statements such as SELECT that do not change data, invalid values generate a warning in strict mode, not an error.
1) Login into the server via SSH with provided login credential.
2) Check if strict mode is enabled
$ SHOW VARIABLES LIKE ‘sql_mode’; A table is displayed on the screen with some sql_mode values separated with commas as shown below. If you find a value like “STRICT_TRANS_TABLES”, then, MySQL strict mode is enabled.
3) The location of the MySQL configuration file is /etc/my.cnf and we will edit it by doing the following:
# vi /etc/my.cnf
Note: Edit the sql_mode value within this file and remove any value it has.
4)Restart the MySQL service with the following command:
# systemctl restart mysqld
cPanel Server Management
AssistanZ is a pioneer in offering 24×7 cPanel Server Management Service since 2004. We offer 24×7 cPanel Server Management
- cPanel Server Management
- cPanel Installation and Setup
- cPanel Server Optimization
- cPanel Server Migration
- cPanel Server Security and Hardering
- cPanel Server Monitoring
- cPanel Server Hack Recovery
and Much more