Steps to Restore Azure VM
In this blog, we will show you the Steps to Restore Azure VM through the portal.
- Azure Subscription
- Azure VM Backup
- We have already configured backup for an Azure VM for this demo.
- For more information to know about Azure VM backup, please check the below link.
- We are deleting the VM named az-vm-01 for demo purpose.
RESTORING THE VM
- Open the Recovery Services vaults from the services list.
- Click on the backup vault name.
- From the backup vault properties, select the backup items button.
- Click on Azure Virtual Machine under backup management type.
- Select the virtual machine name from the list.
- In the next window, click on Restore VM button.
- We use the Application Consistent restore point for this virtual machine.
- Under Restore configuration, we need to provide the VM details like VM name, Resource group, virtual network, subnet & Storage account.
- Select the Restore button to start the restore process for az-vm-01 VM.
- We can check the restore job through jobs link from the backup vault properties.
- After several minutes restore job is completed successfully.
- Go-to Virtual machines link and you will able to see the VM was restored from the backup.
- Able to access the VM using RDP.
Thanks for reading this blog. We hope it was useful for you to learn about restore process of a VM in Azure.