cPanel Server Management by AssistanZ
If you are using a Linux server for your website and if you are looking for information on how to whitelist the IP address in CSF, here is the solution.
For 24×7 cPanel Server Management – with Monitoring, Unlimited Tech Support, Disaster Recovery, Security updates and much more. Signup today!
Whitelisting An IP Address in CSF Firewall
cPanel CSF Firewall Whitelist an IP Address CSF stands for Config server Security and Firewall which is most commonly used in advanced firewall in Linux based servers. CSF is basically used as it simplifies managing your server’s base firewall settings. This CSF is used to detect intrusion or login, for suspicious file reporting, block excessive connections, for SSH login notifications, for Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI), blocking and permit IP addresses, and restricting access by port number.
CSF Configuration Options and Usage:
All the configuration files of csf are located under /etc/csf directory. If you modify any of the following files you will need to restart the csf service to apply changes.
- csf.conf : The main configuration file for controlling CSF.
- csf.allow : The list of allowed IP addresses and CIDR addresses on the firewall.
- csf.deny : The list of denied IP addresses and CIDR addresses on the firewall.
- csf.ignore : The list of ignored IP addresses and CIDR addresses on the firewall.
- csf.*ignore : The list of various ignore files of users, IP addresses.
Follow the below steps to enable the IP in CSF:
Step 1: Log in to your SSH.l
Step 2: Insert the command “ csf -a < IP address >” in place of <IP address> insert your public IP address. Example csf -a 10.10.10.10 >> Click on enter to execute the command
Step 3: After you have executed the above command you need to restart the firewall. You can restart the firewall using csf -r
The other csf command options:
>>csf -d < IP address > —>Block an IP address with CSF (replace the IP address with your public IP address)
>>csf -s – Start firewall rule
>>csf -f – Flush/stop firewall rules
>>csf -r – Restart firewall rules
>>csf -x – Disable CSF
>>csf -e – Enable CSF
cPanel Server Management
Assistanz is a pioneer in offering 24×7 cPanel Server Management Service since 2004.
We offer 24×7 cPanel Server Management
- cPanel Server Management
- cPanel Installation and Setup
- cPanel Server Optimization
- cPanel Server Migration
- cPanel Server Security and Hardering
- cPanel Server Monitoring
- cPanel Server Hack Recovery
and Much more